GEO-5: Key Conclusions and their Relation to the Outcome Document – Wednesday, 20 June 2012
SAVE THE DATE
GEO-5: Key Conclusions and their Relation to the Outcome Document
Hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme
Wednesday, 20 June 2012 17:00-19:00
at Athlete’s Park, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
UNEP’s flagship assessment report series – Global Environment Outlook – provides a comprehensive analysis of the state, trend and outlook of the global environment. The latest report in the GEO series – GEO-5 – also provides examples of promising policy options and responses to help speed-up realization of internationally agreed goals.
The side event will highlight key messages from GEO-5 that are related to ways in which to secure renewed political commitment for sustainable development, assess the progress to date and the remaining gaps in the implementation of goals on sustainable development, and address new and emerging challenges
All are welcome!
• Maria Ivanova who will Chair the session
• Marcel Kok who will provided highlights on the state and trends of the global environment
• Lazlo Pinter who will show some examples of regional policies that have proven to be successful and which could help speed-up realization of goals
• Detlef Van Vuuren will explain the scenarios analysis that GEO-5 used
• Bernice Lee and Maria Ivanova will conclude by showing how transformative change and action at the regional and global levels needs to be strengthened
These short presentations will be followed by question and answer sessions.
Moderators: UNEP’s Peter Gilruth and Fatoumata Keita-Ouane